Skip to content

FAQ: International Portal Access

Q: How do I know my TD password and login name?
A: For current students, It is the same as your TWU username and password to the Pioneer Portal

Q: I logged in but my home page does not have the request/form that I need?
A: Your Home page has the requests you have already started or completed and submitted. To start a new one, click on the House icon in the upper left. Navigate to Site Home. From there navigate to: Current Students/Student Requests.
The red tabs in the middle of the page are groups of requests. You can open each tab to see what is contained in it.

Q: I need:
I-20 reprint
Optional Practical Training (OPT) I-20
Report my OPT employment
STEM extension I-20
Report a new STEM extension employment
Add a dependent
A letter for my parents to come for my graduation
My I-20 signed for travel
To transfer my SEVIS record to another institution 
A letter for the Social Security office
I’ve changed my major
I’ve changed my program level
I’ve changed my visa status and I’m no longer an F-1; what do I do. (requires uploading a Receipt Notice or PR card or proof of other visa status)
To apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
A: Submit a completed request in the International Portal for what you need.

Q: It’s my last semester and I have only 6 hours left to finish.
A: Submit a completed request for Academic Reduced Course Load in the International Portal. 

Q: I want to enroll at another university for some of my credits. 
A: Submit a completed request for Concurrent Enrollment in the International Portal.

Q: I am a Graduate Teaching Assistant and I am taking 6 hours.
A: Submit a completed request for Full-Time Equivalency in the International Portal.

Q: I need to take off a semester for medical reasons.
A: Submit a request for Medical Reduced Course Load. For questions, email Valerie. 

Q: How do I know my request was successfully submitted?
A: When you complete all the requirements in the request, go back to the top of the page and click “SUBMIT REQUEST” (it is in red). You will get a confirmation message in a light green box. That means the request will appear in Valerie’s queue and she will process it.

Q: How long does it take to get my request approved/get my new I-20?
A: You should allow 4 working days. If you have not heard from Valerie after 4 days, you can email her at

Q: I have moved and need to change my address in the International Portal.
A: Update your address in your Pioneer Portal. It will then update in the International Portal.