Skip to content

Student Requests

International students may submit a variety of online student requests directly to the ISSS office through the International Portal. When submitting a new request you do not need to log in first.  

To complete, or check the status of, an existing request log in to your International Student & Scholar Portal Home Page

Add Dependent Request

International students on an F-1 Visa who would like to add their spouse or child (21 years or younger) as an F-2 dependent should complete/submit this request.

Change of Funding Request

Update financial support information and have a new Form I-20 issued reflecting the new funding information.

Change of Major Request

Use this request once you have formally changed your major with your Academic Advisor. Once the change has been made in TWU's WebAdvisor  your DSO will verify this information, update your major in SEVIS, and issue you a new Form I-20 reflecting your new major.  

Change of Program Level Request

If you are changing your program level (for example, enrolling at TWU as a Master's student after completing your Bachelor's degree at TWU), complete this request to have a new Form I-20 issued reflecting the change. 

Additional Online Course Approval Request

Students seeking permission to enroll in an additional online course over the allowable limit, due to extenuating circumstances, may use this request after seeking guidance from their DSO. 

Full-Time Enrollment Equivalency Request

Graduate Students who have been granted an assistantship can request to have their full-time enrollment equivalency verified here.  

Concurrent Enrollment Request

Students who are taking courses outside of TWU that will be counted towards their full-time enrollment hours in the fall or spring semesters can submit their request here.

Program Extension Request

If you will not be able to complete your academic program by the Program End Date printed on your Form I-20, please submit a request here explaining the circumstances. Your DSO will review and verify your information with your academic advisor. Upon approval, a new Form I-20 with the extended date will be issued to you.  

Academic Reduced Course Load Request

If you are in the last semester of your academic program, and do not need to complete the required number of hours necessary to qualify for full-time enrollment, you may submit a request for an Academic Reduced Course Load. Your advisor will be required to verify this information as a part of your request.  

Medical Reduced Course Load Request

Apply for a Medical Reduced Course Load if you have a documented mental or physical condition impeding your current academic progress. You will be required to submit a letter from your licensed physician or mental health professional as a part of your request. 

Change of Status Approved - VoluntaryTermination of F-1 Status

If your application to change your F1 status to another has been approved by USCIS please use this request and upload the Approval Notice or Change of Status documentation to request termination of your F-1 record. 

Social Security Letter

Request an official letter from International Student & Scholar Services to accompany an application for a U.S. Social Security Number.

Letter to the Consulate

The U.S. Department of State has a list of required documentation for individuals applying for a Visitor Visa (e.g. family attending a TWU student graduation ceremony), which can be found here. In addition it is noted that "Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa" (U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs).

If you would like to prepare a letter for your visitor, please use: Invitation Letter Template

Letter of Verification

Request an official letter from International Student & Scholar Services verifying your F-1 compliance and good academic standing.

Enrollment & Graduation Verification Letters

Requests for an official letter to verify academic enrollment or graduation are facilitated by the TWU Office of the Registrar. These letters are often requested for potential employers or for family and friends who wish to visit. Be sure to include the following in your request:
  • Name
  • TWU Student ID#
  • Type of letter request (enrollment verification OR graduation verification)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). You may not begin working until your CPT has been approved by International Student and Scholar Services and you have been issued a CPT I-20. More information about CPT and requied documentation is available on the International Student Portal Explore Employment Information and in the Frequently Asked Questions. 

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Apply for the12 Month Optional Practical Training (OPT) benefit. More information about OPT is available on the International Student Portal. Explore Employment Information

Report OPT Employment

Click here to report your OPT employment.

STEM Optional Practical Training (OPT) Extension

Apply for the 24 Month STEM Optional Practical Training (OPT) Extension benefit. You cannot apply for STEM OPT more than 90 days before your current 12 month OPT end date. More information about STEM OPT is available on the International Student Portal. Explore Employment Information

Report NEW STEM OPT Employment

Click here to report a change in your STEM OPT employer OR to add a new employer.

I-20 Reprint Request

Students may request to have their Form I-20 reprinted if their original I-20 has been damaged, lost, or stolen.

Travel Endorsement Request

If you will be traveling request a signed travel endorsement on your Form I-20. The travel endorsement is valid for one calendar year for continuously enrolled students on an F1 Visa. The travel endorsement is valid for six (6) months for individuals engaged in OPT or STEM Extension OPT. 

SEVIS Record Transfer Out

Request to have your SEVIS record transferred to another U.S. school/institution to begin a new program.

Texas Public Education Grant

The Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG) is a grant that was established by the Texas Legislature to help students with financial need attend public community colleges, public technical colleges, or public state colleges in Texas. The TPEG does not have to be repaid like student loans.