Skip to content

Transferring International Students

As a International Transfer Student, coming from another U.S. university/school, the information below will you plan for your study at TWU.
Current F-1 students who are transferring their SEVIS Record from another U.S. school/university to begin a new program at Texas Woman's University must complete the following steps:
  1. Submit a Transfer In I-20 Request 
  2. Contact your current school/university's International Office to inform them that you would like to transfer your SEVIS to TWU
    • A recommendation form will be sent to and need to be completed by your current school/university's Designated School Official (DSO) in order for your SEVIS record to be transferred
Once you have been accepted to TWU, International Student & Scholar Services will receive a copy of your acceptance letter, and email you additional details in order to issue your Transfer Form I-20.

Next Steps:
  1. Gather required documentation:
  2. Submit a Transfer I-20 Request
If you will be receiving your I-20 in the U.S., International Student & Scholar Services will mail it via USPS with a tracking number to the address you specify
TWU supports various scholarship opportunities specifically intended for international students. Initial students are eligible for merit-based scholarships only for the first year. Explore Scholarship Opportunities
As per TWU policy, all new international, newly transferred international students, and those considered to be International who were born in, resided in, or traveled to a country other than the United States, are required to have completed the screening process for tuberculosis (TB Blood testing only) prior to registering for class. Your TB hold must be cleared before you will be able to register for classes. Explore Tuberculosis Screening Requirements

Transfer students with a TB test that is less than one year old can submit it to TWU Student Health Services. If your TB test is older than one year, you can get a new one on campus. You should allow 4-5 days to get results.
Orientation is mandatory for all new International Students to TWU. More details regarding International Student Orientation, arriving on campus, placement tests, and health insurance is available online: Explore Getting Started at TWU
Once you have been admitted to TWU and received your Form I-20, learn more about Getting Started at TWU