Skip to content

Travel Information

It is important to plan ahead when it comes to international travel. International students must carry certain documentation with them during their travels. 

I-20 Travel Requirements

You must have a Continued Attendance I-20 (or a Transfer I-20 from TWU) signed by a DSO endorsing travel. The signature must not be older than 1 year. You may request a new I-20 if the signature is close to a year old. Students on OPT & STEM OPT Extension should obtain a travel signature from a DSO every 6 months for international travel. Submit a Travel Endorsement Request

Traveling on an Expired Visa

If your visa has expired, you will have to obtain a new visa in order to return to the U.S. For visa renewal, it is recommended you take the following with you: